release my band's new album please

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

alexander

release my band's new album please

Post by alexander »

so my band has a new album coming up, and we want a label/some labels to release it.

post links to labels that might be interested in some really noisy/drony shit. or - if you running such a label yourself, hit me up with your e-mail address here, or via a pm, and I'll send you two demo tracks!

if you just want to hear what my band is cooking up, hit me up with an e-mail and I'll send you the two demo tracks. please don't distribute them too much though. I'm not too keen on having unfinished songs on the net. especially when the album is nearly done, and will be put on the net for free download in its entirety then.
Last edited by alexander on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

smfy

Re: release my band's new album please

Post by smfy »

Hiding your music is a terrible way to promote your band.

alexander

Post by alexander »

I'm not trying to promote it. I don't want to put demos on the net. I'll send you the demos if you are interested in releasing it.

if no one ends up being interested, I'll just put it on the net when it's finished.

alexander

Post by alexander »

oh and before the diy police comes in here - the reason we're not doing it ourselves is because we don't have the time. I did absolutely everything with the previous album, and meh. don't have the time.

if no one wants to release it, we'll put it out on the net for free, and there won't be any physical copies.

smfy

Post by smfy »

I'm sorry I think I just miscomprehended the tone of your initial post.

viva_h8

Post by viva_h8 »

you should probably email labels... dont expect them to come to you

alexander

Post by alexander »

viva_h8 wrote:you should probably email labels... dont expect them to come to you
I think I worded the opening post a bit confusingly. this thread was mostly supposed to encourage everyone to post links to labels that might be interested in releasing something noisy and drony. :-)

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

noisy and drony? what is your band called, give me some links to where i can hear this
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

alexander

Post by alexander »

hit me up with an e-mail address here or via a pm, and I'll send you two demos. I haven't put this up on the net yet, because I don't want demos sent around. I'm putting the album up in its entirety when it's finished though...

xmoonxhowlerx

Post by xmoonxhowlerx »

Hit me with the demo, email and other contacts on my blog.